I haven't shared, but have been competing in a competition at the studio within walking distance from my house. My favorite instructor teaches there now - Wahhooooo!!! So, this is where I started back in September when the contest started:
Arm: 12 1/3
Bust: 34
Waist: 38
Hip: 44
I know, most people wouldn't share, but what the heck - gotta own it, right? I was eating whatever I wanted, as much as I wanted and nothing healthy. Let's face it, in the society we live in today, "stop and smell the roses" just leaves you with that much more things you have to get done. (I do stop every once and a while, even though my mother in law doesn't think so). For me, convenience has always been the key. I know that there are healthy choices I can make, and sometimes I do. Most of the time, my favorites usually win out.
So after 6 weeks of Zumba dancing approximately 3 - 4 times a week and cutting back on my food intake, meaning I'd eat less, even though it wasn't the healthiest. I turned the above numbers into:
Arm: 11 1/2
Bust: 31 1/2
Waist: 33
Hip: 40
Now, the contest was originally scheduled for 6-8 weeks, but it had to be changed because of Thanksgiving. Besides, who wants to be measured right after a holiday where all you do is eat and eat and eat? Certainly not me! And with the holiday and Black Friday, that meant a week without Zumba class - can you say withdrawals?
This past Monday I found out that after everyone that participating in the contest was measured, the winner is....
ME!!!
Oh man, I am so excited! I've entered contests like this before, and like most people, end up fizzling out somewhere in the middle and just give up. Now, I can't say that I ate really well - actually, not good at all, however, I have been cutting back the portions, and cut out almost all soda. The thing that helped? My addiction, yes, it seems I have a problem. My addiction to Zumba and dance has secured me the WIN for this competition.
And I must thank my friend/instructor Lish, for always keeping the class motivated and fun. You are an amazing and inspirational Zumba coach!

No comments:
Post a Comment