Sunday, February 26, 2012

128/77

I finally remembered to take my blood pressure before I get out of bed, like the doctor ordered. He claims it is a more accurate reading of where my blood pressure truly is.

128/77 - to me, that is really great! Even for having a bloody Mary last night. Thought my blood pressure was going to pay for it, being loaded with sodium and dehydrating, but maybe my weight on the scale will.

Last week I ended up being a little lazy with recording and watching calories. Psychologically, I would assume it was because of being frustrated with the scale. Hard to stay motivated when the scale doesn't budge or goes backward. Fumigating the house also played a roll in it as I was low on healthy options because of either cleaning it all out or packing everything up. At least I kept up with my work outs, even doing two double sessions of Zumba. Amazingly, through my discouragement, I received some positive reinforcement. People are noticing the weight loss, or should I refer to it as a loss in inches. At least 3 or 4 people have mentioned that I look good, have lost my ass, or that my legs have thinned out. That sure helps when the scale isn't!

I talked to the new friend I made in Zumba and Chris has now lost 43lbs since Sept. She agreed that at times her scale was deceiving, but she has kept at it and has wonderful results to show for it.

I have noticed that some of my favorite pants are fitting me differently. Some are baggy now. Yesterday I even splurged on some new panties as my old ones are just that old and worn out. Guess what.... A medium fits now!!! Encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment