Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Perception

I'm now about 6 weeks into my journey, maybe longer, and I'm feeling pretty good about myself. I've already noticed a difference in how my clothes fit. Hey, I can fit comfortably in almost all of my jeans - a couple of them being baggy even. The problem is that last night when I was working out in yet another Zumba class, looking at myself in the mirror...a little discouraging! I still see myself as this "large" or "overweight" girl who still has a lot of work to do. So, I was doubting myself. (Don't we all do that?) Like what am I doing this for, why am I kicking my butt almost daily with workouts, skipping some of my favorite foods... and not getting the results I want. I am aware they don't happen over night.

In fact, I was inspired by a lady that I've been taking these Zumba classes with. She is probably in her mid 50s and busting her butt, literally! She powers through 2 Zumba classes Tues/Thrs, also does other classes through the week. She's amazing. Last night she told me she has lost 39lbs since September. She's doing an amazing job! As I'm writing, I'm realizing that I'm probably on the same track she has been....guess if I keep it up, I'll get the results I want...just need to be patient.

Well, I'm looking forward to the day that I see that "skinny" girl in the mirror. Until then...just keep movin!

No comments:

Post a Comment