What is a Life Coach you may ask?
After doing a little research, I found this response: "A life coach is a counselor who helps plan out your goals and dreams in a way that makes them more achievable. Their job is to plan out things in a way that allows you to work towards them and stay on track."
Hm, I still didn't think I needed one, but heck, I figured I'd give it a whirl.
So I set up an "over the phone" consultation with Melissa Reyes. We set up two dates to speak for about 30 min each, and then I made arrangements to have MIL watch the youngsters so I could concentrate. I figured I'd apply this session to my blogging, as I really wanted to expand my brand, my business further.
Upon our first discussion, I found out that Melissa had been researching me. WOW, I thought, I didn't think I had much out there to be researched, but either way, she knew about my blog: Toddler Trails. She told me that it looked successful via traffic, content, etc. WOW, I was through the moon. It is always uplifting to get such positive feedback on anything you are sinking so much love, time and energy into.
Then she started asking more personal questions, where do I want to be, where do I see my life, do I have any "Me" time, etc. I found myself realizing that I seem to have a pretty good balance (even though many times I feel my life is just way out of control). I spend lots of time with my children - taking them all over Orange County, as seen on Toddler Trails. I spend quality time with hubby; MIL makes sure she kidnaps the kids almost monthly and forces us to pick something to do. And I get quality time to myself, my love of Zumba, reading books, Mom's Nights Out, etc. Heck, he's even sent me off to blogging events so he can have his alone time with the kids. As Melissa said, everything seems to be lining up just the way I wanted it.
This conversation went on well over the 30 min we had planned - I realized that in talking to Melissa, I liked her too. She was easy going, listened well, and I was intrigued by her. We started talking about common concerns and frustrations with blogging, etc. I knew we'd become friends fast.
After the call, I felt great! I had things in order, life was exactly the way I wanted it, things couldn't be more perfect...until I got a call a couple of days later that made me realize I did have some other family issues I needed to tackle head on. See, I am the type of person keeps things to themselves in order to keep peace in the family. Unfortunately, this has torn me up over the years. Being just about 40, it's time to let all these demons out.....